Drawings from the Heart is a unique opportunity for siblings, cousins or other children close to a baby who has been lost to draw something that reflects their feelings about the precious baby. Drawings will be uploaded to the gallery on this website in October 2014 for family and friends to vote for their favorite piece of artwork. Votes are $1 each with a $5 minimum vote.
Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep (NILMDTS) is a nonprofit organization that provides remembrance photography to parents suffering the loss of an infant. The purpose of Drawings from the Heart is to engage families in the work of NILMDTS and to provide siblings, cousins, and other children affected by infant loss a chance to express their feelings through artwork. All proceeds from the contest will benefit Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. These funds are utilized to recruit, train, and mobilize photographers so they can serve families with the priceless gift of portraits to remember their precious babies.
- Eligibility: The contest is open to any child or youth 18 years or younger who has been affected by infant loss.
- The child is required to draw without assistance from adults. NILMDTS reserves the right to require proof of age.
- Drawings will be approved and posted at NILMDTS discretion. The following are acceptable mediums for drawings: paint, pencil, crayon, markers, and charcoal.
- There are 3 age divisions: 6 and under, 7-12 years, and 13-18 years old. Children should fall within one of the above age brackets on October 1, 2014.
- The top 20% of vote getters in each category will move on to the final judging round where an independent panel of judges will select the top FOUR winners in each age division.
Drawings will be judged in the following categories:
- Skill Use of Materials
- Creativity/ Captures the Spirit of NILMDTS
- Overall response/Impact of drawing
- First Place Winners in all three age groups: $100.00 gift card from Bay Photo
- Second Place Winners in all three age groups: $50.00 gift card from Bay Photo
- Third Place Winners in all three age groups: $25.00 gift card from Bay Photo
- Fourth Place Winners will be included in the Calendar featuring all the drawings from the winners and each baby’s birthday will be marked on the calendar.
Along with the winning entries ALL entries will be uploaded to an online gallery where families will have access to Bay Photo.com where they can order prints or other special remembrances. Some of the items you will be able purchase through Bay Photo featuring your child’s art include; Christmas ornaments, iPhone covers, mouse pads, metal prints, regular prints, photo magnets, and photo coasters, just to name a few. Your child’s art reflecting their remembrance of a much loved baby will make the PERFECT Holiday gift or personal memento.All entries will also appear in a NILMDTS coffee table-style commemorative book.